At Scrollytelling GmbH, we are committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of our users. This notice explains how we collect, process, and store personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Data Controller
The data controller for the personal data collected on this website is Scrollytelling GmbH, located at Gellertstrasse 2, 22301 Hamburg, Germany.
2. Types of Personal Data Collected
We may collect various types of personal data, including but not limited to:
- Name, email address, and contact details provided voluntarily through our website's contact forms or newsletter subscription.
- Website usage information, such as IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and timestamps, collected automatically through cookies or similar technologies.
- Any other personal information you choose to provide to us voluntarily.
3. Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing
We process personal data for the following purposes and based on the legal grounds:
- To respond to inquiries and provide information requested by users.To send newsletters, updates, and marketing communications with user consent.
- To improve our website, customize user experiences, and analyze website usage data based on our legitimate interests.
- To comply with legal obligations and protect our rights.
4. Data Recipients and Transfers
We may share your personal data with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting business activities, or delivering services on our behalf. We ensure that any third-party recipient follows adequate data protection standards.
5. Data Retention
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
6. Data Subject Rights
As a data subject, you have the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing, and object to the processing of your personal data. You may also exercise your right to data portability and withdraw your consent at any time. To exercise these rights or for any inquiries regarding your personal data, please contact us using the information provided below.
7. Data Security
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute data security.
8. Changes to this Notice
We may update this GDPR notice from time to time to reflect changes in our data practices. We encourage you to review this notice periodically for any updates.
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests related to the processing of your personal data, please contact us at:
22301 Hamburg, Germany
This document was last updated on June 21, 2023